Ahhh, November! The heat of Indian Summer finally clicks off and the leaves blanket the ground in a colorful, crunchy quilt. It seems that as soon as the last trick-or-treaters scamper across the lawn, the holiday season knocks on the front door bringing parties and planning and menus and merriment… and reflection on the past year. Sometimes, prepping for those holiday visitors precipitates a more critical gaze into the mirror, assessing the visible signs of another trip around the sun. Stuffing the Thanksgiving turkey suddenly elicits an investigative stroke at your neck to determine just how much of a wattle has formed at your own gobbler.
No need to rush out and build a new wardrobe of turtlenecks. Robinson Facial Plastic Surgery (RFPS) and Visage Skin Care Center have got you covered! These neck-specific products, treatments, and procedures will have you loosening your scarf in no time.
#1 NECK PRODUCT RECOMMENDED BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
When the first signs of aging slowly creep up the neck, the Nectifirm® products from Revision Skincare wrap protection around you like a cozy muffler handknit by your favorite auntie. From the rich moisturizing cream of the original formula to the sheer strength of the Advanced, Nectifirm soothes and revitalizes from the first application.
• Nectifirm®: Targets the exact issues associated with a minimally aging neckline. Formulated with peptides, antioxidants, and extracts, the Nectifirm cream not only moisturizes but also helps skin to retain valuable hydration to reduce dryness. This proprietary blend also reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, crepey skin, dullness, and laxity.
• Nectifirm® ADVANCED: Tackles moderate to advanced aging on an entirely different level. Using revolutionary technology, the Nectifirm ADVANCED formula works with the Microbiome of the skin, encouraging a deep level of correction, and incorporates Smart Antioxidant Technology to boost protection against free radicals. Additional peptides and ingredients function to smooth the appearance of lines, wrinkles, crepey skin, and adipose tissue.
If the look of your neckline reveals evidence of more moderate to advanced symptoms of aging, adding a laser or Profound treatment to your agenda could help tighten the skin. Unlike topical products, these energy-based treatments penetrate down into structural layers of the skin to repair damage at the foundation.
• Broadband Light Therapy (BBL): Uses light energy to heat the surface of the skin and stimulate the natural production of collagen, one of the building blocks of dermal tissue. This revitalization encourages the skin to tighten itself, reducing damage and enhancing skin texture. For maximum impact, a series of recurring treatments may be necessary to reach the desired results.
• HALO Laser: Use a dual action device that combines both non-ablative and ablative laser resurfacing in the same process. The ablative laser eliminates damaged tissue and the non-ablative laser triggers collagen regeneration at a deep, dermal layer. The depth and intensity of treatment can be customized for each patient to address individual needs. Most cases respond to one or two treatments while more severe aging or sun damage may benefit from three or four sessions.
• Profound RF: This latest technology for non-surgical facelift employs an energy-based facial device that stimulates the production of new collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. Using radiofrequency energy transmitted by microscopic needles, Profound is able to precisely target multiple skin layers for a dramatic recontouring of the neck and jawline in one, in-office session.
If that wattle really waggles and your chin seems to be sliding downward, that’s probably a sign of slackening muscles. The platysma muscles run along either side of the neck fanning over the collarbone and onto the chest. Over time, the taut support of that musculature may loosen into more of a relaxed hammock from which skin seems to swing. At this point, neck lift surgery could be the most effective option for refreshing this area.
During this procedure, Dr. Robinson makes a small incision underneath the chin, performs a bit of liposuction, and then pulls the platysmal bands back together. An outpatient surgery, the neck lift takes about an hour and patients return home for recovery. Expect to wear a compression wrap for about a week as well as to experience some bruising and swelling during that time. The results should last 7 -10 years and return the profile to it’s naturally a graceful silhouette.
No need to get your feathers ruffled… aging is for the birds! Leave the gobble to the turkeys and call RFPS to set up an appointment for a consultation. Then stretch that neck and hold your beautiful head high. 770-667-3090