For more than four months, many of us have had our work and social lives move to an entirely virtual platform. As we spend hours each day on Zoom or in other video conference platforms, we can’t help but stare at our own fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles that (in our minds) seem to become more prominent by the day.
As many economies are open, more patients are running to their facial plastic surgeons for fillers and other non-invasive treatments to treat the facial imperfections that supposedly seem so apparently on video conference calls. The result? Facial plastic surgeons are booked up more than ever before.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 49% of respondents who initially hadn’t had any plastic surgery prior to the pandemic said they would be open to having reconstructive or cosmetic procedures in the future.
The most popular request? Procedures from the neck up. Most patients in our post-quarantine world are requesting Botox and Dysport to treat fine lines and wrinkles, as well as soft tissue fillers like Juvederm and Restylane. As many patients are required to wear masks in public, many are requesting brow lifts, upper eyelid lids and non-surgical neck lifts. An additional reason for the increased demand of surgical procedures, is the ability to recover at home and still work remotely as is being required by many companies, thus significantly decreasing the number of days taken off from work. Finally, many patients are also requesting lip injections. Perhaps because it is easier to hide bruising or swelling from a lip injection with a facial mask.
The bottom line: We are our worst critics. As we continue to live in a world where working from home is normal, forcing us to video conference and stare at ourselves each day on Zoom, it’s normal for us to stay self-aware of our appearance.
The lockdown may have ended, but the pandemic hasn’t. If you’re looking for solutions to enhance your appearance, Robinson Facial Plastic Surgery has options for you:
To Enhance Your Eyes:
- Brow Lift: Consider an endoscopic browlift or a mid-forehead lift to enhance your brows.
- An endoscopic browlift is ideal for patients with mild to moderate brows drooping. Several short incisions are made in the scalp, concealed behind the hairline.The tissue beneath the skin is examined using a tiny camera called an endoscope and the images projected onto a video monitor. Small, customized absorbable implants are positioned to support a natural shape during the healing process.
- During a mid-forehead lift, the incision is made in a natural forehead crease some distance above the eyebrow. It is particularly useful in males with thin or balding hair and deep forehead wrinkles. Patients with deep wrinkles and significant brow sagging are good candidates for this technique. After a small incision is made in the forehead crease, excess skin and tissue are removed, the underlying tissues are re-positioned and tightened and the incision is closed with non-absorbable sutures, which are removed within 5-7 days.
- Eyelid Surgery: Lift and rejuvenate the aging eye tissue, remove the sags and bags to restore a naturally youthful look with an upper eyelid or lower eyelid procedure.
- An upper eyelid procedure follows the natural creases of the upper eyelids, as incisions allow access for removal of excess fat, muscle, and skin. Fine sutures close the incisions and the eyes are lubricated afterward to promote healing.
- During a lower eyelid procedure, tiny incisions are made behind the lower eyelids, and fat is removed with small surgical forceps, a technique which eliminates visible scarring and requires no sutures.
To Enhance Your Lips:
- Lip Enhancement procedure: Pump your pout with a few of our cosmetic injectable fillers: Restylane®, Restylane® Kysse, Restylane® Refyne, Restylane® Defyne, Restylane® Silk, Juvederm®, Juvederm® Volbella, and Juvederm® Vollure. These injectable fillers are administered to the lips using a very fine needle, restoring lost volume and the appearance of vertical lip lines for a more youthful appearance.
- For a natural look and feel while minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the upper lip, consider the new FDA-approved Restylane® Kysse, the first lip filler that uses XpresHAn Technology™ which changes the way hyaluronic acid binds inside your lips.
Ready to enhance your appearance for your next video conference call? Call us for a consultation today. 770-667-3090