Throughout the decades, we’ve seen a slew of beauty trends make their historical mark. Here’s a brief overview of a few influential beauty trends:
- Pre-1920s: The smoky cat eye
- 1920s: The sun kissed glow – Did you know Coco Chanel was sunburned on a cruise and when she came back, her tan was considered the new trend?
- 1960s: The bombshell fringe – Brigitte Bardot rocked this eye-brow-grazing bang trend which was a simple way to frame the face.
- 1970s: The sleek, healthy hair
- 1980s: The revolution of skincare with Retin-A® – Approved for acne in 1971, this was helpful for not only acne, but today’s facial filler, which are mostly hyaluronic acid-based.
- 1990s: Matte brown lips
- 2000s: The rise of Botox – Once this was approved for cosmetic use in 2002, popularity soared
- 2010s: The beach wave
The above beauty trends are a mix of trends for hair, makeup and cosmetics, but one thing is for sure: beauty is evolving. Last year, an article from Aesthetic Channel revealed that America really is a melting pot of beauty ideals. While each of the above decades may have had a beauty trend define the decade, we live in a word in which multiple influences affect a patient’s aesthetic aspirations. The result? There isn’t a standard to beauty or trends. Perception of beauty is actually driven by multiple factors: race, ethnicity, culture, geography, environment and more.
So how do you define beauty? It’s what YOU think is beautiful. And at Robinson Facial Plastic Surgery, our team of experts – Dr. Burke Robinson, Michelle Giglio PA-C, Madison Holmes NP-C and Heather Davis LE – help you identify your aesthetic aspirations and make those dreams a reality through:
From facelifts and eyelid surgery, to chin augmentation and rhinoplasty, multiple procedures are available to help you develop the beautiful aesthetics you’re searching for.
Many of us are familiar with Botox and Dysport for managing fine lines and wrinkles, but other injectables are utilized to re-contour the face or bring support back to drooping skin.
Skin Care & Laser Treatments
The spectrum of laser treatments has changed in the past few years. Multiple methods of treatment are available to reduce wrinkles, diminish sunspots or remove hair at Visage Skin Care & Laser Center, a division of Robinson Facial Plastic Surgery. The HydraFacial™ is a game-changer. As the next-generation microdermabrasion treatment that will exfoliate and peel, extract and hydrate, infuse and protect all in one skin-perfecting treatment, it’s no surprise this is one of the most popular skin treatments.
Curious how you can bring your beautifying aspirations to life? At Robinson Facial Plastic Surgery, we will address your specific needs and will develop a facial rejuvenation plan tailored uniquely for you. Contact us at 770-667-3090 to start your journey to the best skin of your life.